- Key leadership role
- Prestigious organisation
- Combine ability and passion
This is a superb career opportunity for a dynamic and motivated leader to join one of the Jewish community’s most significant organisations to replace the Director, Jane Rapke, who leaves the organisation after 6 years of outstanding leadership. The roof body for over 50 Zionist organisations in Victoria, Zionism Victoria’s vital mission is to connect our community with Israel.
The Executive Director is responsible for managing all aspects of the organisation’s activities and is accountable to the Board of Zionism Victoria. In addition to governance and board reporting, you will oversee the valuable information and advocacy functions that the Organisation provides, and build relationships with affiliates, other Jewish organisations and the wider community. This includes initiating and managing events to ensure that Zionism Victoria engages with the community, and responsibility for ongoing management of the Beth Weizmann Community Centre.
For this pivotal appointment, you will need:
- Relevant senior management experience;
- Strong strategic and problem solving ability;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- A good level of financial literacy;
- Demonstrated success in building relationships and managing negotiations;
- Successful experience in leading and managing a dedicated team;
- Proven organisational skills, which includes managing major events;
- Knowledge of, and identification with, the aims of the Zionist movement;
Relevant qualifications and a working knowledge of Hebrew would be well regarded.
An appropriate salary will be negotiated on the basis of your skills and experience.
If you have the capacity to take on this pivotal role, and combine your professional career with your love of Israel, please apply in confidence to the President, Mrs Sharene Hambur, on firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February, 2017.
For a copy of the position description please email us, or call on (03) 9272 5544.
Previous applicants need not apply.
For a position description, please click here